|Friday,||March 3, 2023||4 p.m.|
1248 Bernard Avenue West
Montréal (Québec) H2V 2V6
Phone: 514-495-9944, ext. #1
Facilitator: Mark Sussman, Ph.D.
A stimulating discussion about puppetry and robotics!
To view the video : CLIC HERE
The roundtable discussion was also livestreamed.
An exciting multidisciplinary exchange of ideas about new puppetry forms influenced by digital arts and robotics. This roundtable brings together a puppeteer, a visual artist, two choreographers and an engineer who are fascinated by the body, movement and robotics, as well as the human being and its double.
This focus is part of a cultural cooperation project between Québec and Flanders, with support from the Ministère de Culture et des Communications.
- Bill Vorn (artist, Concordia University, Montréal)
- Kevin Trappeniers (multidisciplinary artist, Belgium)
- Ugo Dehaes (choreographer, kwaad bloed, Belgium)
- Mark Sussman (puppeteer and researcher, Concordia University)
- DESSAIM (École de technologie supérieure, Montréal) project team members: David St-Onge (ÉTS), Marcelle Hudon (puppeteer,) and Audrey Rochette (choreographer)
This roundtable discussion is presented as part of a Québec-Flanders cooperation project supported by Québec’s ministère de la Culture et des Communications and the Flanders Département de la Jeunesse, de la Culture et des Médias.